A Smart Jacksonville Flood Detector Notifies You To Water Before It Becomes A Problem
Clogged drains, corroded pipes, leaking appliances -- these are all problems that can cause serious water damage at your property. In many cases, these are the types of complications that you notice much too late. Even a leaky washing machine or water heater can cause extensive destruction if not fixed at once.
But, when you add a Jacksonville monitored flood detector to your home security system, you can identify leaking or standing water before you have an all-out crisis. The wireless detector alerts you to the first signs of water with an intense, easy-to-hear beeping and a notification to your mobile device. An ADT monitoring professional will also inform you when the flood sensor is triggered.
What Are The Benefits Of A Monitored Flood Detector In Jacksonville?
You never expect to go down the steps to see that the lower floor of your home is now the local swimming pool. Luckily, a Jacksonville flood detector can catch leaks and unwanted water before you get thousands of dollars in water damage. Here’s how it works:
- Smart sensor technology: The smart sensor detects running or pooling water instead of humidity -- so it's safe to use in areas like bathrooms where damp conditions are present.
- Place anywhere in your home thanks to wireless connection: Reliable sensors come with a wireless connection and a lithium battery rated for 4 years. So, feel free to place them near sump pumps, behind appliances, next to pipes or anywhere you could have a leak.
- Stay connected with alerts to your phone: Water problems like burst pipes seem to always happen when you're at work or on vacation. When your Jacksonville flood detector senses unwanted water, it will deliver an instant notification to your cell.
- 24-7 monitoring provides another layer of protection: Along with high-volume alerts and phone notifications, your smart device will notify your ADT 24/7 monitoring center. Your monitoring professionals will immediately contact you and help you take action.
Your Mobile App Makes Your Jacksonville Flood Detector Work As Part of Your Home Automation
Response times are critical when excessive water is detected in your home. By using the ADT mobile application, you can access home automation systems and make it easier when help reaches your property. Activating your smart home systems helps when you’re in the house, but essential when you’re away from home. With a monitored Jacksonville flood detector you have the ability to:
- Receive notifications on your phone when unwanted water is found.
- Remotely unlock doors and disable security alarms for emergency assistance.
- Increase your home’s temperature to stop further pipe freezing.
- Review video footage from your home surveillance to find points of entry and evaluate remediation needs.
- Keep in persistent connection with your monitoring professionals.
Your Home Security System With Flood Detection Is Just a Call Away
Flood detectors and additional home safety devices are all part of a well-rounded security system through Secure24 Alarm Systems. When you reach out to our experts, we’ll help you pick the perfect package to fit your needs. Just call (904) 297-5779 today or send in the online form for your free quote.