The latest smart security solutions are getting more capable every year. Even so, it’s still easy to neglect to complete basic security duties like arming your a home security system, lowering the garage door, or even securing your front door.
How would you feel if you didn’t have to worry about these tasks in the future? With geofencing in Jacksonville, you can simply drive off to work and let your home security system lock up for you.
What is Geofencing In Jacksonville For Home Security Systems?
Geofencing creates a virtual border around your property, which you can set up in your smart security app. This modern home security option then tracks your phone to determine when you cross the perimeter and then triggers your “leaving-the-house” automations.
What Makes Geofencing Work?
Geofencing is made possible by z-wave, a home automation protocol that smart implements use to interact with one another. This innovative approach aids your security system by grouping all elements onto the same network. You can set up specific boundaries on all sides of your home and designate the specific actions you want to occur when you cross the boundary.
For example, as soon as you exit your driveway, you can instruct your security system to engage door locks, lower the garage door, and turn on your alarm. Conversely, when you return to your house, geofencing will notify your system to disable the alarm, raise the garage door, turn on lights, and even adjust your smart thermostat.
Here are several of the devices you can manage with geofencing:
● Smart lighting and plugs
● Smart thermostats
● Surveillance cameras and your system’s alarm
● Home electronics including speakers or TVs
● Garage doors
Schedules, Scenes, And Geofencing Are All Possible With Your Smartphone App
Geofencing is one of the many ways you can utilize your property’s security system in Jacksonville. With the mobile app, you are able to do a lot with home automation. Just tap a button, and you can:
● Set schedules: set your smart devices to activate at the times of your choice. Have your lights start to turn down to indicate that it's bedtime, or disarm your security alarms as you start your day.
● Define how devices react to one another: Make particular devices activate when another element is triggered. Direct your thermostat to activate the fan if the CO detector goes off. Or illuminate your hall’s smart light when your doorbell camera senses abnormal activity around your property.
● Customize scenes: Make room and event scenes with various smart components that all act in concert with each other. Have your lighting lower, the temperature go down, and the locks engage when it's time for bed. Or customize a scene for TV night with preset light and HVAC levels.
● Take advantage of geofencing: There may be times when you fail to arm the security system when you're rushing around in the morning. With geofencing capability and your smartphone, you'll never forget to switch on the alarm and put down the garage door.
Enjoy The Benefits Of Geofencing in Jacksonville
Whether you desire additional reassurance of a completely secure residence whenever you leave or you want to explore your home automation options, geofencing will make things easier. Talk to one of our representatives today at (904) 297-5779 or send in the form below to start designing your optimal security system.