How to Get the Most From A Security Cameras In Jacksonville
Home security cameras can easily be placed as a warning—a display that informs burglars or intruders that “we know you’re there.” Or you can leverage your video surveillance to tighten your home’s defenses.
Luckily, the latest security cameras arrive armed with a plethora of features all designed to deliver all-encompassing protection for your family. Whether it’s recording options and 2-way audio or infrared night vision and lightning-quick motion detection, these features empower you to have the most from security cameras in Jacksonville.
How To Set Up Your Jacksonville Video Surveillance For Top-Of-The-Line Protection
Mounting your home security cameras on the ideal spots around your living space is the first place to start with home security.. Interior security cameras need to be placed in frequented rooms such as the kitchen or family room. It’s also a smart notion to install a camera pointed at main doors, stairs, or other transitional areas thieves would have to pass to reach the rest of your home. Outdoor security cameras ideally afford a clear sightline of your patio, drive, front and backyard, garage, and other outdoor separated buildings, like sheds. Then access a view of your front door via a subtle doorbell camera.
There are places around your home that aren’t quite as imperative to watch like bedrooms, bathrooms, and basements. Privacy for you and your guests needs to be a chief concern before installing a camera in a bedroom.. Feel free to add window or motion sensors if you desire some type of device in bedrooms.
Additions That Enhance Video Surveillance
Component location is only the foundation for utilizing the utmost from home security cameras in Jacksonville. The features shown below help to maximize security and enhance overall home safety.
- Motion detection: Get instant alerts on your mobile device anytime abnormal motion is sensed. You can also program cameras to start filming when activity is detected which will boost camera recording time.
- Recording and storage: Program your security cameras to capture footage and store clips to the cloud for easy playback anytime.
- 2-way audio: Nearly all of current security cameras include a built-in microphone and speaker so you are able to converse with guests through the camera. With your mobile app, you can give the illusion that you’re home or greet your kids as they arrive back from school.
- Wide field of vision: Field of view determines how much a lens can see, and gives you a more complete look at any space. Opt for cameras that provide at least 120-degree angle lens or that can pan all the way around for optimum visibility.
- Dark vision: Ensure your home security cameras are equipped with either infrared or LED sensors that can capture video of overnight activity.
- Activity zones: To make security updates more targeted, set up activity zones. For example, you can program your exterior camera to alert you of activity happening on your yard or your porch and disregard traffic passing or foot traffic.
- Mobile app: security app, like ADT Control®, empower you to view live camera feeds, control cameras, power or disengage the system, and record events. Most importantly, the app will send instant texts when the see unusual motion around your home.
Get Your Video Surveillance Today
Achieving the most out of your video surveillance in Jacksonville is easier. From ultra fast motion detection to two-way talk, your home security rises from simply a deterrent to an impenetrable defense. Call (904) 297-5779 or fill out the form below to begin personalizing your home security and camera system today.