In the olden days, the components of your security system were limited to where a wire could go. Forget positioning a video camera on a table or managing your system with a smartphone. With that being said, home security is not like it used to be, due in large part to the emergence of wireless installations. You currently have an array of extra perks to experience -- like online access to your system, seamless smart devices, and easy installations. Wireless home security systems in Jacksonville will defend your home while making your life more convenient.
Important Considerations If You Go Wireless
If you would like to benefit from everything wireless security has to offer, you have to have a suitable internet connection. If you have access to fast internet and a decent Wi-Fi router, you’re in a good position for wireless equipment.
If you’re concerned about the internet going down or the loss of power, look for systems that have cellular and battery backups in place to keep you connected to your monitoring specialists at all times.
If you make your home in a rural setting without stable access to internet or cellular services, a wired installation will probably be better. Or It may also benefit you from a financial standpoint to go the traditional route if you move into a home that currently has wiring for security components installed.
Benefits Of Wireless Home Security Systems
Both wired and wireless home security systems in Jacksonville will enhance your property’s protection, which is the main purpose to start with. However, if you prefer the chance of having the most advanced features, review the advantages of wireless:
- Remote access: Enjoy access to all the devices in your house from your locks to your surveillance cameras right from the palm of your hand with the ADT Control app. You can see who’s at the front door, switch on your smart lights, and even turn on your alarm on the rare chance you forgot to do so. If an intrusion or emergency takes place, you can have updates sent right to your smartphone.
- Easy to install and customize: You no longer need to worry about the countless wires, crumbling drywall, and long installations. One of the greatest facets of wireless components is that you are able to install them just about in any location and with little time or effort. If you wish to add on later with new equipment, incorporating components into your system is easy.
- Communications between devices: Wireless functionality makes smart home interactions possible with fast, bi-directional communications. Program your devices to take action in specific scenarios to boost your safety and deter break-ins. For example, if your outdoor camera discerns unusual disturbances along your home’s perimeter, it can automatically prompt your interior lights to illuminate.
Disadvantages Of Wireless Home Security Systems In Jacksonville
Even though wireless home security systems in Jacksonville have proven to be reliable, it’s understandable if you have a few reservations about utilizing one. Let’s take a look at some of the most frequent sources of concern:
- Battery-operated wireless elements could stop working if the battery is depleted. However, your smart components will alert you whenever batteries are low and need to be replaced.
- Sensors typically need to be positioned within a set distance from your central command hub. ADT can provide range extenders in various scenarios to boost your adaptability.
- Similar to other computer networks, the fear of getting hacked exists. But you are able to do things to prevent this by utilizing hard-to-crack passwords, always updating default settings, and selecting a router with an integrated firewall. In addition, you should only employ security components with encryption of 128-bit or more.
Thinking About Going Wireless? Call Your Security Experts
Would you like to take advantage of the latest in Jacksonville wireless home security? Call (904) 297-5779 to talk to the security professionals at Secure24 Alarm Systems. Our experts will aid you in creating the most suitable package for your home.