Pros And Cons Of Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Security Systems In Jacksonville
You understand you must protect your home. After all, it provides shelter for your loved ones and is where you have all of your possessions. But what is the right type of home defense? Determining if you should utilize round-the-clock monitoring is one of the primary decisions you need to make. Learn more about the pros and cons of monitored vs. unmonitored security systems in Jacksonville and see what’s ideal for you.
Core Considerations Of Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Home Security Systems
When you choose round-the-clock monitoring, your home’s defense bridges to a professional monitoring service that is ready to act at a moment’s notice. If a door sensor activates or a CO detector goes off, your monitoring agents receive an instant warning. They quickly take action to verify the alarm and send the proper emergency professionals.
On the contrary, an unmonitored system doesn’t have professional support. You might think of this option as self-monitored, meaning that if your alarm goes off, you need to act to resolve it. This choice is the cheaper alternative, but it also puts all the responsibility on you.
Benefits And Downsides Of A Monitored Security System In Jacksonville
Here’s a brief look at the advantages and drawbacks of a monitored security system.
Benefits Of Monitored Systems
- Heightened security: Having a backup at the ready is always smart. If you are not on site, asleep, or without access to your phone, your home and its inhabitants will still be safeguarded.
- Faster response times: Monitoring specialists are always ready. They’ll reply in a speedier fashion to emergencies than you can on your own.
- Insurance savings: Monitored home security systems might make you eligible for a reduction of your home insurance premium.
- Better components and smooth integration: By getting equipment, installation, and monitoring from a reputable home security specialist, you will enjoy a fully integrated system with components that may be of a higher quality than what you will come across independently.
Drawbacks Of A Monitored System
- Expense: There is a monthly fee for monitoring.
- Usually required to get your system installed professionally: Many people prefer to have the job completed by qualified technicians, but some might want to handle it on their own.
- Need to sign a contract: You will typically have to sign a contract as part of your package. This is likely to be acceptable for numerous residents as home security is a service you will want long term.
Benefits And Downsides Of An Unmonitored Security System In Jacksonville
Here’s a quick breakdown of the pros and cons of an unmonitored security system.
Advantages Of An Unmonitored System
- Price: You won’t incur a monitoring charge.
- Self-installation: Do-it-yourselfers may deem this to be an advantage as they can install the system themselves and not have an installation charge. Other residents will prefer going with a professional.
- More Flexibility: You are able to install components when you want - and from any manufacturer. Taking that into account, you may find integrating into a seamless system more complex.
- Control: You won’t have a third party monitoring your alarms. If an emergency takes place, it’s up to you to get support.
Downsides Of An Unmonitored System
- No support system: What if you’ve misplaced your smartphone and don’t see a security warning? This circumstance equates to added stress and decrease your peace of mind.
- Demands your complete attention: Since you are the only one in control, you must never stray too far from your home security app.
- Hooking up the system is up to you: If you require help during an installation, you might have to employ someone else. The installation process is also likely to be more time-intensive.
Stay Protected With a Monitored Home Security System In Jacksonville
Get the 24/7 support you deserve with a monitored home security system in Jacksonville from Secure24 Alarm Systems. We’re sure you’ll agree that a cohesive, monitored home security system is the right solution for your family. Contact (904) 297-5779 today to get started.