Where To Place Home Security Cameras In Jacksonville?
Where are the best spots to place your home security cameras in Jacksonville? As a general rule, there are three primary areas of the home for video protection: your principal entryway, your home’s exterior, and key interior rooms. Although your security installer can recommend where you should install, here are some helpful tips on where to place your home security cameras at your home.
Always Defend Your Front Entryway
Even though it may seem crazy that an intruder would make an effort to just enter through primary entrance, 34% of break-ins take place near this passageway. There are also package thieves among other threats to deal with. Doorbell surveillance is perfect to manage these types of possibilities with high-definition, wide-angle viewing.
Doorbell cameras are nice as you can chat with any visitors who come and press the button. With the help of your security app, like ADT Control, you have the option to answer every ring with two-direction audio and live video and appear to be at home. Then if a visitor does try to do something questionable, you are able to have your video doorbell instantly document the event on video and deliver it to your cell phone through a text.
Get the Most Coverage Possible With Your Exterior Surveillance System
Where to place home security cameras on the exterior of your home is often a difficult task. Fortunately, there are some useful tips to make sure your home is well protected.
- Corners of your Jacksonville residence provide a better sightline, as you can see two sections of your yard.
- Just below an eave or straight into a piece of trim or siding are perfect spots for cameras as they will be somewhat obscured by blending into your gutterline.
- On top of your garage, since the garage door is an easier passageway for invaders than you may know!
- Over a patio or back door -- or any entrance not visible from the sidewalk.
To make sure these locations are successful, make sure you trim away any overgrown plants or trees that might obstruct the camera’s view.
Tips To Enjoy The Most From Your Interior Cameras
You have quite a bit more flexibility on where to place home security cameras inside your home in Jacksonville. However, the added flexibility results in there being other installation variables to consider:
- Windows and Sunlight: Although it’s wise to ensure your windows are secure, the sunshine from a window can create a glare and impact the clarity of your video recording. Point the lens away from direct blasts of sunshine to circumvent this issue.
- Utilize Height: In the same fashion as a watchtower, a video camera positioned in a high place will produce a more panoramic view. Consider putting your cameras at the top of bookshelves or mounted on a corner or ceiling.
- Prevent Access by Children and Pets: Your video equipment will lose its ability to safeguard your home if it’s damaged or destroyed. Place your security cameras in locations where children or pets can’t mess with them. Consider mounting or a different method of attaching them to be certain they won’t wobble if accidentally bumped.
- Use Plants and Decor to Your Advantage: The greatest security camera won’t do much good if you have a houseplant obstructing the field of vision. But it’s important to note, decor or foliage can also serve as a means to hide your security equipment. Just ensure they don’t keep the camera from doing its job!
Turn to Secure24 Alarm Systems And Find the Right Place For Your Home Security Cameras
If you want the right placement of your home security cameras and security devices, use the experts at Secure24 Alarm Systems. We'll help install the perfect system for your complete residence -- safeguarding all areas. Simply contact (904) 297-5779 or complete the following form to start your project.